UPDATE 26th August 2020
Shul is now open Monday and Thursday for Shacharit at 8:30am, Friday evening for Kabbalat Shabbat and Mariv, and Shabbat morning at 9:30am.
Rosh HaShana and Yom Kippur services are only open to members, please contact the Shul Office if you’ve not recieved a booking form, there are limited spaces left.
Due to Covid-19 all those who wish to attend services must register in advance each week. Please phone or email the Shul Office on 01702 344900 / email@example.com for Shabbat services and email the gabbai Geoffrey Pepper for weekday services firstname.lastname@example.org. Spaces are limited and allocated on a first come, first serve policy.
For Friday night and Shabbat morning services you must register by the preceeding Wednesday.
Only those pre-registered will be allowed entry.
RULES FOR THOSE ATTENDING:
- Weekday services will be held in the Shul Hall; entry will be through the side door of the Hall at the back of the rear carpark.
- Shabbat services will be in the Main Shul. Men enter via the side entrance and women by the front entrance.
- The Shabbat service will commence at 9:30am and end 11am. You must arrive at the start of the service.
- The disabled toilet will be open to be used only in extremis.
- Do not attend if you are feeling unwell for any reason.
- Your temperature will be taken before you are allowed to enter.
- Sanitise your hands thoroughly on entering and leaving at the sanitisation stations.
- Act in a safe and responsible way, 2 metres apart from one another at all times and remain in your seat during the service.
- Please make yourself aware of the social distancing signage and follow the one-way flow.
- A face covering must be worn at all times.
- Men must use their own tallis.
- You must not sing, chant aloud, touch objects unnecessarily other than in your seating area.
- No kissing of the sefer torah or mezuzah.
SWHC accept no responsibility for anyone falling ill as a result of attending services.
The Shul Office and Shop will remain open in normal hours for the time being. Please phone and avoid visiting unless absolutely necessary.
More details about the Shul shop, click here. Please note: Only 2 people will be allowed in the Shop at any one time.
Check out www.facebook.com/swhc.org.uk for regular video messages and online “services” from Rabbi Hyman.
SWHC Chesed Club
SWHC CHESSED CLUB – (Act of Kindness)
In response to the current pandemic, many have come together in our community to help anyone in need. If you, or anyone you know, could do with assistance, we are here for you.
Willing to help with…
– A regular call to see if you are ok
– Groceries, or other supplies delivered
– Cooked meals from the Day Centre (under Jewish Care Supervision)
– Deliveries on Thursdays from the Shul Shop
Call our ‘HOTLINE’ 07932 066581 between 10am – 12noon, Monday to Friday
Should you like to volunteer to help and support the “SWHC Chessed Club” please email your details (name, address, phone numbers and email) for the attention of Alan Witzenfeld at email@example.com