UPDATE 3rd August 2020
Due to Covid-19 all visitors who wish to attend services must register in advance through the Shul office. Please phone 01702 344900 or email email@example.com
Only those pre-registered will be allowed entry, and only after being contacted by the synagogue.
RULES FOR THOSE ATTENDING:
- Services will be held in the Shul Hall; entry will be through the side door of the Hall at the back of the rear carpark.
- The front door will be closed, and the cloakroom and toilets will be out of bounds.
- Do not attend if you are feeling unwell for any reason.
- Sanitise your hands thoroughly on entering and leaving at the sanitisation stations.
- Act in a safe and responsible way, remain 2 metres apart from one another at all times and remain seated during the service.
- Please make yourself aware of the social distancing signage and follow the one-way flow in and out of the hall.
- A face covering must be worn at all times.
- You must use your own tallis, tefillin and siddur.
- You must not sing, chant aloud, touch objects unnecessarily other than in your seating area.
- No kissing of the sefer torah or mezuzah.
UPDATE 7th JULY 2020
Following discussions with our Rabbi and the Wardens, we are going to reopen the Shul for morning services on Monday & Thursday morning in the Shul Hall as a start from the 3rd August, and hopefully from then every morning, and then a Friday night service.
If everything goes well, we shall see the best way for us to reopen the Shul on a Shabbat but all this will depend on the people attending adhering to Government Guidelines, and also SWHC advice, as congregants may not be able to sit in their own seats because of social distancing and only use their own Siddurim & Tallasim, and to register in advance if they are planning to attend.
Please remember that it is your Health and Welfare we are thinking of and we will only resume all services when lives will not be put at risk.
Please bear with us during this most difficult time. Stay well & safe.
Michael E Nelkin
Statement from the Office of the Chief Rabbi, 17th March 2020
The Shul Office and Shop will remain open in normal hours for the time being. Please phone and avoid visiting unless absolutely necessary.
More details about the Shul shop, click here. Please note: Only 2 people will be allowed in the Shop at any one time.
Check out www.facebook.com/swhc.org.uk for regular video messages and online “services” from Rabbi Hyman.
SWHC Chesed Club
SWHC CHESSED CLUB – (Act of Kindness)
In response to the current pandemic, many have come together in our community to help anyone in need. If you, or anyone you know, could do with assistance, we are here for you.
Willing to help with…
– A regular call to see if you are ok
– Groceries, or other supplies delivered
– Cooked meals from the Day Centre (under Jewish Care Supervision)
– Deliveries on Thursdays from the Shul Shop
Call our ‘HOTLINE’ 07932 066581 between 10am – 12noon, Monday to Friday
Should you like to volunteer to help and support the “SWHC Chessed Club” please email your details (name, address, phone numbers and email) for the attention of Alan Witzenfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org