LAST UPDATED APRIL 2018
This document refers to the personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (the Data Subject) that is not in the public domain. This Policy document forms part of the ‘Terms and Conditions’ of membership of Southend & Westcliff Hebrew Congregation (“SWHC”). The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
Who we are
SWHC is a Charity established to promote Jewish religion, life and education in the area of Southend-on-Sea, Essex. It is registered with the Charity Commission number 1099107.
SWHC will collect data from you in order to process your membership details and where appropriate your membership of the Burial Fund. We may notify you of forthcoming events, such as Yahrzeits and send out reminders. We may use the information we hold to inform you of communal events that S&WHC are holding or changes to times of the services. We may also send you copies of the Community Voice Magazine and, where appropriate, our weekly newsletters. For marketing purposes, we may send you details of activities or offers from local Kosher food outlets or Charity events being held locally either in conjunction with SWHC or activities associated with Jewish Life.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
To fulfill our obligations to you as Members of SWHC.
Legitimate Interest pursued by SWHC
To promote the aims and objectives of SWHC, as expressed in its Memorandum & Articles.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to SWHC processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
SWHC will keep your personal information safe and secure, only staff engaged in providing the services to which you are entitled as a member will process your data. SWHC will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled to, in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. SWHC may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
SWHC will process personal data during the duration of your membership and will continue to store only the personal data needed to meet any legal obligations.
All Data is held in the United Kingdom. SWHC does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a Data Subject
At any point whilst SWHC are in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that SWHC refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request SWHC can confirm what information it holds about you.
You can request the following information
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of SWHC and information about these interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
SWHC will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If SWHC is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01702 344900 or writing to us at Synagogue Office, SWHC, Finchley Road, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex SS0 9AD.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by SWHC you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO. The details for each of these contacts are the Hon. Secretary, SWHC via telephone 01702 344900 or email to email@example.com.
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF or by telephoning 0303 123 1113 or by email via https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/